This page answers frequently asked questions about giving for Canadian donors. To see Giving FAQ for the USA, please click here.
- How does Camino Global use my donation?
- Can I directly support the global ministry of Camino ?
- How do I make a gift?
- What is your donation refund policy?
- Will I receive a tax-deductible receipt?
- Can I know a missionary's support level?
- How do I make a memorial or honorarium gift?
- What is Camino Global's stewardship policy?
Camino directs as much of your gift as possible toward the project or missionary you want to support. For gifts to a missionary account, 13.05% is dedicated to administration and missionary support services. This percentage is lower for projects: 10%. Among other things, these funds allow Camino Global to provide the following for our missionaries:
- Godly leadership that unites the organization with a common vision
- Recruitment of new missionaries
- Training for newly appointed missionaries
- Leadership formation and training for team leaders
- Professional counseling and spiritual formation for missionaries
- Communication support for missionaries and the organization
- Accounting and financial administration
- Technical services for national office and field missionary personnel
- Healthcare plan and administration for missionaries
Yes! If you choose you may partner directly in the global ministry by becoming a Camino Companion, designating gift(s) to project 29001, or by clicking here. These gifts are crucial in enabling Camino Global to accomplish the mission of making disciples among Spanish speakers globally.
The most common forms of giving are by cheque, credit card online, and pre-authorized donations (PAD). The most cost-effective method of giving is through PAD, providing you with assurance that your missionary or project will receive your gift on a monthly basis without the bother of finding an envelope and stamp.
- To download the PAD form to send along with your VOID cheque, please click here. This authorization will remain in effect until you notify Camino Global that you wish to end this agreement, subject to 30 days notice in writing.
- To give by credit card online click here. Online credit card gifts allow you to select monthly or single gifts. You may also make your donation using a Visa Debit card.
- Please make cheques payable to Camino Global and indicate the specific missionary or project on a separate note (not on the memo line of the cheque). Multiple postdated cheques are acceptable. Mail to: PO Box 37010 Stanley Park · 1005 Ottawa St. North · Kitchener, ON N2A 4A7
If you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Camino Global, we will honor your request for a refund made within 45 business days of your donation. To request a change or refund, call 647-977-3226. You may also email us at: email@example.com.
Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card. Cash donations are not refundable.
Camino Global in Canada provides tax-deductible receipts for all qualified financial contributions on an annual basis after December 31st. In compliance with CRA guidelines, the tax-deductible portion of your gift is made with the understanding that all funds are used for board approved programs (including missionaries) or, in the case of fully funded programs, at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
For specific, up-to-date information about a missionary’s level of support, please use our contact form or phone 647-977-3226.
To make a gift “in honour” or “in memory” of a family member or friend, you may give online with a note in the memo screen, or make your cheque payable to Camino Global and include “in memory (in honour) of (person's name)” on a separate note. You can also request that others make a gift to Camino Global in memory of your loved one.
Camino Global is an affiliate member of the Canadian Council of Christian Charities (www.cccc.org). Camino Global is audited annually by an independent accounting firm. A summary of the audited statement is available on request.
Did you know? Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world (nearly half a billion).